Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Power Rankings . . . .

Tuesdays are a fun day (well during Football season anyway) . . .why you ask?
The power rankings get published, if you don't know about this - it's kinda like the NCAA ranking polls but without any consequence.

Further rants on the stupidity of the NCAA system will be saved for another day.

Anyway - here is week 4's report

I will summarize for you:
Steelers are NUMBER ONE BABY! Why? Cuz defense rules the school my friends. To quote the basketball coach of my middle school - the best way to win is to score more points than the other team. (sigh, I shake my head). Anyway - if your team doesn't ever allow any points, then your offense can be totally anemic and you still kick butt. Now - add to that a ROBUST offense and hooray! #1. Well deserved.

See you at Heinz Field Sunday.

Other thoughts on the power rankings . . .I'm not sure the Saints deserve the #2 spot . . .but I will reserve judgement for another week or two and see what effect the missing Reggie Bush has.
Same story for the 5th, 6th and 7th place teams - - - but really we're dealing with fractional difference here so I'm ok really with the top 10.

I can imagine though if you were a Chiefs fan you'd be ticked they are one of three 3-0 teams and they are all the way down at the 15th place.

And entirely not related to the list - but MAN I feel bad for Lions fans. I so badly want them to do well. . .if they could manage 3 or 4 wins this year at least it would be SOMETHING. Poor Lions. Poor poor Lions.

No comments: